Heritage Camp 2012 needs a Picnic Coordinator. The park has been reserved for Wednesday, June 20, 2012, so that part of the job can be marked off the list.
These are the responsibilities of a Picnic Coordinator:
1. Reserve the Grand Rapids Township Park. This can be done after March 1 and requires a $100 cleaning deposit and an $85 park fee. Both fees will be reimbursed by the FFIC Treasurer.
2. Purchase hot dogs, veggie dogs, buns, condiments, plates, etc,. There are records of past picnic purchases, so there is a base from which to work. A tax-exempt number will be provided.
3. Find volunteers willing to start the grills and/or grill the hot dogs.
4. Find volunteers to assist in setting up; putting out plates, napkins, condiments, etc.
5. Find volunteer to assist in cleaning up at the end of the event. We are pretty good about cleaning up after ourselves, but the Picnic Coordinator needs to make a last “sweep” through the area to make sure everything is in a trash barrel.
In the past, there have been Picnic Co-Coordinators, which makes the task more enjoyable. This is an easy way to get involved with Heritage Camp with a “one day” commitment. J
If this sounds like a volunteer opportunity that you, and perhaps a friend, would enjoy, please contact Cathy Wood. My contact information is on the FFIC website, under Heritage Camp.